Socially conscious, inclusive small business is looking to intern a Social Media Manager who will work remotely 10-15 hours per week.
Our Company Culture:
- We give over 20% of our profits back to charity every year.
- We are a certified minority & LGBT-owned company. The owners are both out & proud and purposeful about fostering a work environment that is open, inclusive, and accepting of all people.
- We value diversity and fight for equality and equity for all. Black lives matter. Trans lives matter (especially black trans lives). Protect trans kids. Science is real. Everyone should have a right to vote. Normalize saying your pronouns. Women deserve equal pay. Women deserve equal everything – smash the patriarchy and the world will be a better place.
If you read the above description about our culture and thought “Yes! This is great!” then you might be a good fit and we look forward to you applying. If you read it and disagreed with anything, it is not a good fit and ask that you save your time by applying elsewhere.
Description of Job Duties
- Develop and implement outreach and promotional campaigns to boost brand engagement and brand awareness
- Assist with the design and execution of social media campaigns and posts
- Create social media posting schedules
- Write posts on social media using captions and hashtags
- Participate in meetings to develop social media strategies
- Follow-up and follow-through on all action items
- $16-$19/hr, based on experience, 10-15 hours per week
We offer flexible work from home schedules with an inclusive and positive environment. We are on a high growth path and we’re looking for someone that can potentially grow with us, so even if you don’t have every single listed skill or experience, please apply and write a cover letter explaining why you’d like to work on our team.
- Passion for and knowledge of emerging social media trends
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Highly organized
- Fast learner
- Creative thinking
- Web savvy
- Self-starter – Work autonomously/independently
- Willing to speak up when asked for suggestions on ways to make improvements
- Take responsibility – ask for help when something is going wrong to prevent bad situations, willing to offer thoughts and new ideas for our processes (or anything in general)
- Follow-up and follow-through on all action items.
- Stay on top of ever-changing priorities and projects.
Minimum Software & App Skills
- Google Drive – working in collaborative docs to get jobs done more efficiently
- Gmail, including Google calendar
- Knowledge of digital marketing
- Knowledge of Canva or Social Media creator tools at minimum.
- Nice to have: Working knowledge of Photoshop & Adobe Illustrator for laying out social media posts.
- Nice to have: Ability to edit videos & post on YouTube
OutBranding Promos is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.
OutBranding is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at OutBranding are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination, harassment or any toxic behaviors – we are committed to making OutBranding an outstanding place to work and making the world a better place.